You plan to move to the Philippines? Wollen Sie auf den Philippinen leben?

There are REALLY TONS of websites telling us how, why, maybe why not and when you'll be able to move to the Philippines. I only love to tell and explain some things "between the lines". Enjoy reading, be informed, have fun and be entertained too!

Ja, es gibt tonnenweise Webseiten, die Ihnen sagen wie, warum, vielleicht warum nicht und wann Sie am besten auf die Philippinen auswandern könnten. Ich möchte Ihnen in Zukunft "zwischen den Zeilen" einige zusätzlichen Dinge berichten und erzählen. Viel Spass beim Lesen und Gute Unterhaltung!


Visitors of germanexpatinthephilippines/Besucher dieser Webseite.Ich liebe meine Flaggensammlung!

free counters

Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 13, 2026

SPECIAL REFLECTIONS



“MY SPECIAL reflections” refers to your own deep, personal thoughts and feelings about your life, experiences or a particular topic. It is an inward look at what matters most to you.

Simply put, self-reflection—also known as personal reflection—is the practice of taking time to think about, meditate on, evaluate and seriously consider your behavior, thoughts, attitudes, motivations and desires. That is what I am doing now.

Not long ago, I reached a milestone: 65 years since my first article was published in a daily newspaper. I have kept every clipping since then. Believe me, together they could fill a book. As I reread my earliest articles, I was amazed that I had kept writing for so long. Now, however, you could not pay me to stop.

Nowadays, all my published works are stored in my electronic archive.

Back to my clippings. Can you imagine that keeping them has its benefits? Looking back on my life experiences, I see that both progress and failure have been part of my journey. Most of my columns offer a view into a mirror. When I reread what I wrote about how God helped me find solutions to my problems, I am reminded of His grace. I also gain insights from past struggles that help me deal with the challenges I face today. I remember one of my previous columns, entitled “If Failures Get Results.”

Indeed, God has been faithfully at work in my life.

I once read a story by Dennis Fisher, who did not keep clippings of published articles but maintained a spiritual journal. He advised: “Journalism may be useful to you too. It can help you see more clearly what God is teaching you on life’s journey. To begin a journal, record your struggles, reflect on a verse that is especially comforting or challenging, or write a prayer of thankfulness for God’s faithfulness.”

Reflection means pausing to look inward, evaluate your actions and understand the deeper reasons behind your thoughts and feelings. It connects raw experiences with personal purpose, helping you learn from the past and choose a better path forward.

A reflection has three parts. First, retell the facts by summarizing the main points and describing the significant concepts or details. Next, relate them to your previous experiences by giving examples and making connections. Finally, compare and contrast what you have retold with your prior knowledge and experiences.

***

Email: doringklaus@gmail.com; follow me on Facebook or LinkedIn; or visit www.germanexpatinthephilippines.blogspot.com or www.klausdoringsclassicalmusic.blogspot.com./PN

No comments: