You plan to move to the Philippines? Wollen Sie auf den Philippinen leben?

There are REALLY TONS of websites telling us how, why, maybe why not and when you'll be able to move to the Philippines. I only love to tell and explain some things "between the lines". Enjoy reading, be informed, have fun and be entertained too!

Ja, es gibt tonnenweise Webseiten, die Ihnen sagen wie, warum, vielleicht warum nicht und wann Sie am besten auf die Philippinen auswandern könnten. Ich möchte Ihnen in Zukunft "zwischen den Zeilen" einige zusätzlichen Dinge berichten und erzählen. Viel Spass beim Lesen und Gute Unterhaltung!


Visitors of germanexpatinthephilippines/Besucher dieser Webseite.Ich liebe meine Flaggensammlung!

free counters

Google

Sunday, April 10, 2022

What is one food you'll never eat in the Philippines?

 


Woodworms, also known as “Tamilok” by the locals in Palawan island. They serve it raw with lots of vinegar.

As the name implies, they love chewing on wood, LOTS of wood. It wasn’t long before the locals decided to experiment on the slimy fuckers and found out that they are edible——-Thus, the delicacy was born!

cringe

Anyway, I was at Palawan last month and a nice lady approached me and asked me if I wanted to try the local delicacy. She showed me what it looked like…and to be honest, it didn’t look bad at all.

The presentation was beautiful! If I didn’t know what it was.. I would’ve ate it without second thoughts.

So, I decided to give it a try, even though my old man warned me. But, I just shrugged him off and YOLO’ed the thing.

Bear Grylls would be proud!

The taste wasn’t awful, it somehow reminded me of oysters. The spicy vinegar really helped.

BUT….

After a few hours of ingesting the worms.. I felt sick! It was like a warzone in my stomach. I then had to endure the agonizing pain for an hour because I was on a scheduled tour with other people.

After the tour was over, I literally ran to the nearest restroom and finally relieved myself! *Phew*

Who would’ve known that a bunch of worms could cause so much trouble? So, I made a vow to myself that I’m never gonna touch those again. EVER!

No comments: