You plan to move to the Philippines? Wollen Sie auf den Philippinen leben?

There are REALLY TONS of websites telling us how, why, maybe why not and when you'll be able to move to the Philippines. I only love to tell and explain some things "between the lines". Enjoy reading, be informed, have fun and be entertained too!

Ja, es gibt tonnenweise Webseiten, die Ihnen sagen wie, warum, vielleicht warum nicht und wann Sie am besten auf die Philippinen auswandern könnten. Ich möchte Ihnen in Zukunft "zwischen den Zeilen" einige zusätzlichen Dinge berichten und erzählen. Viel Spass beim Lesen und Gute Unterhaltung!


Visitors of germanexpatinthephilippines/Besucher dieser Webseite.Ich liebe meine Flaggensammlung!

free counters

Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 6, 2026

A STAR IS BORN: Lea Salonga makes Hollywood history


Published Sep 6, 2026 08:51 am
Broadway Icon Lea Salonga (Instagram)
Broadway Icon Lea Salonga (Instagram)

Broadway icon Lea Salonga is now officially the first Filipina to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Lea received the landmark’s 2,855th star.

The ceremony was held on Sept. 4 at 11:30 a.m. (2:30 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 5, in Manila) in front of the historic Pantages Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard.

Fellow Disney icons Ming-Na Wen and Brandy, along with Filipino American Broadway star Darren Criss, were present at Friday’s ceremony, which was hosted by Sibley Scoles.

In her speech, Lea described the event "a full-circle moment."

"I have walked down these streets many times; I've stepped on a lot of famous people, and now people get to step on me. Which feels strangely appropriate for show business. I love a full-circle moment," Lea said.

She continued by looking back on her career, recalling herself as the seven-year-old Lea who loved to sing and dance but never really knew if she had a future in the world of theater.  

"I was a little girl in the Philippines who loved to sing and perform. I started working when I was very young, and I certainly did not have a grand plan for how any of this was supposed to unfold; I just love doing it," she said.

Lea admitted that it was a bumpy road from the start, but with the help of the right people who took a chance on her, she was fortunate enough to pursue the thing she loves most.


No comments: