Five years ago, I began consuming lemon water daily after I found plenty of people claiming this drink was miraculous and could detox one's body, improving the well-being in all aspects.
I had started taking a glass of lemon water each morning and believed in its power. However, as time passed, I realized that not everything I read online was entirely true.
For example, people stated that lemon water could help clean the kidneys from toxic substances, prevent the formation of kidney stones, enhance immunity, and even help fight cancer.
As it turned out, the truth was far from this.
The thing is, lemon does contain citric acid that might be helpful to individuals who tend to develop certain kinds of kidney stones. Also, people should increase their fluid intake in order to reduce the risks of developing kidney stones. However, none of this implies that there is no miracle drink, and more is definitely better.
Moreover, excessive consumption of lemon water, being very acidic, can result in the deterioration of one's enamel. Besides, some people who have certain kinds of kidney problems or follow special diets should not take any food or drinks for granted just because they are natural.
The reason why I stopped believing in miraculous drinks and foods is my experience of learning about the ancient Chinese foods.
For centuries, people in China put great emphasis on simplicity, balance of food, vegetables, grains, herbs, soups, and hydration.
It was this experience that taught me the lesson of healthiness that means more is not always better.
I gave up looking for the magic ingredient that could heal or detoxify my whole body. Now, I concentrate on drinking enough clean water, following the correct diet, including vegetables such as cucumber and leafy greens and excluding those that can negatively affect individuals with kidney stones.
Also, I have learned that herbs, supplements, and remedies used in the past can cause reactions in one's organism, especially when taken together with medicines.
Nowadays, I consume lemon water occasionally but do not use it as a miraculous drink anymore.
However, the most significant conclusion that I made from this experience is that my kidneys do not need a miracle drink but sensible practices, sufficient hydration, and balanced diet.
Ancient foods and remedies might teach a lot about the principle of moderation and balance, but it is important to remember that they cannot replace the contemporary medical care.
Sometimes the healthiest solution is to stop searching for miraculous cures and return to the basic.
No comments:
Post a Comment