You plan to move to the Philippines? Wollen Sie auf den Philippinen leben?

There are REALLY TONS of websites telling us how, why, maybe why not and when you'll be able to move to the Philippines. I only love to tell and explain some things "between the lines". Enjoy reading, be informed, have fun and be entertained too!

Ja, es gibt tonnenweise Webseiten, die Ihnen sagen wie, warum, vielleicht warum nicht und wann Sie am besten auf die Philippinen auswandern könnten. Ich möchte Ihnen in Zukunft "zwischen den Zeilen" einige zusätzlichen Dinge berichten und erzählen. Viel Spass beim Lesen und Gute Unterhaltung!


Visitors of germanexpatinthephilippines/Besucher dieser Webseite.Ich liebe meine Flaggensammlung!

free counters

Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 4, 2026

Why is the German language so hard?


 

German is a hard language to learn because:

  1. Let’s face it, not many people speak High German daily. Sorry but your C2 German is only a baby step. (some Germans even have difficulty understanding it if it is not slow and perfect like on TV)
  2. I realized quickly that German is very contextual and uses a lot of deeply rooted historically based terms and phrases. The words and grammar quite often do not mean what you think they mean and correct communication is the whole point…right?
  3. Pronunciation is everything…..and nothing. Why? Dialect.
  4. Germans actually use very longwinded sentences and descriptions in every day conversation. You will sound like an idiot for a very long time.
  5. It is very true that “der die das” is a nightmare and all of its relative versions. Even native speakers say so. Mostly because it makes no sense.
  6. German speakers have this sharp undertone in their voice and I find when I use my normal tone it is difficult for them to hear me. Weird right. I think it has something to do with how stressed they are.
  7. I could go on forever….yes German grammar is a little nuts. But you can learn it. The German language in a real sense (out of a class room) is definitely difficult.

No comments: